Thursday, July 28, 2011

Being Inspired

Some of you may be wondering about yesterday’s momentous occasion that went unexplained.

To make a long story short, I had a breakthrough in writing.

It’s the kind of breakthrough that brings epic relief and it’s the kind of relief that makes you feel like you can do anything. You might think I’m talking about my work in progress, but alas, I’m simply referring to my resume.

Two days ago, after an amazing conversation with a good friend of mine, I was inspired to sit down and rewrite my resume. You see, when I’m wearing my Graphic Design Hat, I’m really good at creating visual hierarchy, typesetting, sniffing out hard-to-find problems, and making sure the composition is perfectly balanced.

However, it’s usually when I’m wearing my Graphic Design Hat that I forget to put on my Writer’s Hat. So, yesterday I put on my Writer’s Hat while I redesigned my resume and the result was a fabulous story about a superhero designer that regularly saves clients in distress from super villains like Ugg Lee Desine and Un-Herdoff Khompany.

Anyway, it’s nice to feel that inspired every now and then, isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment